My top 5 holy grail products + my personal reviews that I tried SO hard to keep brief but failed at. Here we go!
1. DevaCurl Products – I’m lucky enough to have a hairdresser for a mother. This means two things – free haircuts and extremely good discounts on brand name products. I discovered the line DevaCurl a few years ago and my curls have been thanking me ever since. Seriously. If you have any type of curl in your hair, this shampoo & conditioner combo will change your life.
Sephora carries most of DevaCurl’s products (if not all) should you want to try them out! They also have a trial kit featuring 4 of DevaCurl’s essential products so you can test them out before committing to the full size bottles!
2. Physican’s Formula “Canyon Classics” Palette – Good eyebrows are an essential part of my beauty routine. This eyeshadow quad by Physician’s Formula, more specifically the medium brown colour on the bottom left has been my go to eyebrow powder from the very beginning. I’ve tried other products, both drugstore and high end, but always come back to this palette. All four eyeshadows are completely matte and perfect for both filling in my eyebrows and creating the perfect natural or smoky eye. It costs about $8 and is available at most Walmart’s and Shoppers Drug Mart’s. In combination with this palette to fill in my brows I’ve been loving this brow filler brush from Sephora.
3. Waterproof Mascara – I always go for drugstore brands when it comes to mascara and waterproof is a must. I work 8-9+ hour days running around in an overheated store and the last thing I need is for my mascara to flake and smudge. As far as brand, I don’t have a preference. Lately, I’ve been using the Maybelline Mega Plush (far left), but I’ve also used the other two shown above – Covergirl Lash Blast Volume and Maybelline One by One. All do the trick just fine, and using an eyelash curler is a definite must.
4. Dry Shampoo – Yep, dry shampoo definitely makes the top 5 but it has to be Batiste. I’m totally open to trying new brands but out of all the dry shampoos that I’ve tried, this is the best and I have nothing but praise for this product. I only wash my hair once a week since I’ve been blessed with curls that get better every time I sleep on them. I love using this on my roots as a touch up to give my hair some life!
5. Coconut Oil – All hail coconut oil. Focussing on the beauty benefits alone, coconut oil is a dream come true. My body moisturizer and waterproof eye makeup remover have both been replaced by it and I also recently starting using it for oil pulling. After drinking a big glass of water when I first wake up, I swish a table spoon of coconut oil around my mouth and it not only makes my teeth feel incredibly clean, it also whitens them (speaking from personal results)! My hair has also benefitted from this multi purpose oil and every couple weeks I’ll use it as a hair mask on my ends leaving my hair soft and shiny.